My husband or wife died without a Will.

A deceased person without a Will is “intestate‚” If the decedent had children with a previous husband or wife other than the surviving spouse, those children may have an interest in part of the estate. If the deceased person left property held as joint tenants with right of survivorship (JTWROS) then the surviving joint tenant/s will have a right to that particular property. If someone dies without a Will and there are no children by a previous spouse, and there are no other people with ownership interests in property the decedent left, then the surviving spouse probably will be entitled to all the property left by the decedent. Whether or not there will need to be a probate of the decedent’s estate is another question.

Learn More

« Back to FAQs & Info Center

Let Our Firm Help You

Tucson Estate Planning, Probate and Guardianship Attorney

At the Wood Law Firm, we are committed to providing affordable legal services including estate planning, wills, probate, guardianship, conservatorship and elder law matters to those in Tucson and the surrounding community.

We Deliver Timely and Reasonable Legal Services to Tucson and the Catalina Foothills Community

Attorney Henry Wood is a member of various Bar Associations and is also a Licensed Fiduciary, registered by the Arizona Supreme Court.


  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.

Please note that contacting us does not establish an attorney client relationship. No such professional relationship exists unless the Wood Law Firm, PLLC, has agreed in writing to accept your case.